Are you a full-time Queen’s University student who is eligible for the Work Study Program? (Click on the link to see the requirements.)
If you are eligible, and once you have registered, there are many part-time jobs available to you including one we think is pretty superduperawesome– WORKING FOR US!
We are hiring THREE Film Festival Production Assistants this year and your deadline to apply is October 16, 2015 so don’t dilly dally and make sure you register for the Work Study Program TODAY so you can apply to help us make our 17th annual Reelout Queer Film + Video Festival a most-memorable one for our communities. Once you are registered, you can reference the Job ID# below to find our job posting. You must submit a Cover Letter detailing why you would like to work for Reelout along with your resume/CV (both in PDF format) and emailed to Executive Director, Matt Salton on or before October 16, 2015. Call (613) 549-REEL (7335) with further questions.
Job ID: 71177 Film Festival Production Assistant
Application Deadline October 16, 2015
Film Festival Production Assistants are responsible for assisting in the technical and administrative aspects of the 17th annual Reelout Queer Film + VIdeo Festival. These positions are perfect for students currently enrolled in the Department of Film and Media Studies, Gender Studies or who are interested in LGBT issues, arts and culture, and/or event planning.
- Under the supervision of the Festival Director, you will be asked to perform various administrative and artistic/technical duties.
- Liaising with independent filmmakers and distributors to ensure that films are being received in the proper exhibition formats, press kits and promotional images are catalogued efficiently, travel and accommodations are booked when applicable.
- Assisting with editing promotional videos in Final Cut Studio
- Transferring and editing digital files into playlists.
- Maintaining social media marketing tools like Facebook, Twitter and wordpress blog.
The Reelout Queer Film + Video Festival is a Ten-day celebration of international LGBTQ film and video in Kingston, Ontario from January 28th to February 7th 2016. We are the 2nd largest film festival of its kind in Ontario and the contributions from our Queen’s fall/winter workstudy students are invaluable in preparing for this large-scale event. These Production Assistant positions are perfect for students currently enrolled in the Department of Film and Media Studies, Gender Studies or who are interested in LGBT issues, arts and culture, and/or event planning. You can learn more about the positions under “job description”, however, know that while this job is a lot of fun, we also expect you to be able to multi-task and be prepared to think fast on your feet! You will learn what its like to be behind-the-scenes of a large-scale event planning in a lively and exciting environment.
- Must be eligible for the Workstudy program.
- Background in film and media studies, event planning, film editing, a big plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills!
- Must be respectful and sensitive working for and with members of the lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual, 2-spirit, queer/questioning community.
- Be creative-minded