Are you interested in helping to raise the profile and visibility of Kingston’s queer community while also championing independent film and video art and artists?
Deadline to Submit C.V and letter of interest: Wednesday, July 13th 5pm
The Board of Directors of the Reelout Arts Project Inc. are currently inviting interested parties to submit their CV along with a cover letter expressing interest. Our current board of directors will vet applicants and finalists will be nominated by our board of directors to our Membership at our Annual General meeting (July,27 2016.)
All potential nominees should be ready to energetically collaborate with existing board members and Reelout staff to advance Reelout’s mandate: to celebrate queer media arts and to contribute to community vitality by programming materials that focus on issues of sexuality, race, culture, religion, class, gender, ability, health and age, thereby purposefully drawing together and initiating challenging dialogue among disparate members of the queer communities in Kingston and surrounding areas as well as the larger Kingston community and the queer community.
We are seeking potential board members who bring one or more of the following skills to the Board:
- Business experience;
- Fundraising expertise;
- Law/legal expertise;
- Accounting expertise.
Reelout is committed to a multi-disciplinary approach to our board representation and governance. The criteria for board selection includes the following:
- Skills (policy development, fundraising, business, accounting, human resources, programming, board governance, leadership, community building, arts education);
- Artistic representation (particularly media arts professionals.);
- Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we recognize and encourage applications from communities that are marginalized, including: Indigenous people, people of colour/racialized people, people living with disabilities, people with experiences of migration, and people who have experiences of poverty.
- Community development (advocacy etc.);
- Community–based artists; and
- Expressed level of commitment.
Current or prospective Reelout Arts Project Inc. members who are interested in nominating themselves to the potential slate of officers should do so no later than 5pm on Wednesday, July 13th at 5pm by emailing Board Secretary Terrie Easter Sheen firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Reelout Board Application 2016 along with your C/V and letter of interest.
All board members must be or become Reelout Arts Project Inc. members (information on membership is available on this site).
Reelout Arts Project board of directors’ term is a two-year commitment. The board meets regularly each month at Sydenham Street United Church (wheelchair accessible). A board director can reasonably expect to volunteer a minimum of twenty-four hours a year.