Reelout exists to celebrate queer media arts and to contribute to community vitality by programming materials that focus on issues of sexuality, race, culture, religion, class, gender, ability, health and age, thereby purposefully drawing together and initiating challenging dialogue among disparate members of the queer communities in Kingston and the surrounding area as well as between the larger Kingston community and the queer community.
- Access to artistic work that would otherwise not be screened in Kingston;
- A forum to engage in discussion and debate on issues relating to the
practice of film and video making as well as issues relating to the queer community;
- A celebration of Kingston’s diversity and an increased awareness and understanding of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, questioning and intersex communities;
- Exposure to a broader range of Canadian and international media arts that include short film and video, experimental work, documentaries, and independent feature films;
- Diverse and financially accessible programming of independent film and video;
- A unique community event that draws disparate members of the community together through a common appreciation of quality cinema
Reelout Arts Project Inc. incorporated not for profit organization through the province of Ontario, Canada since October 19, 2004 #001629494.
Reelout Arts Project is a registered charitable organization. #85864 8371 RR0001. Copies of Reelout Arts Project Inc. ‘s by-laws, policies, and code of conduct are available to the community-at-large by appointment by calling (613) 549-7335.