The Reelout Queer Film + Video Festival is an annual 10-day event held in Kingston, ON Canada. We are one of the first queer film festivals in the calendar year and our festival exhibits independent, international films by and/or about 2SLGBTQ+ lives with a strong focus on the intersections within our communities. Films focusing on race, health, ability, class, and age are equally as important as films about sexual orientation and gender. Our 25th anniversary fest will run February 1-11, 2024. There are no travel funds for guests outside the U.S but we have been able to provide accommodations for international guests if they can afford their own airfare. International and Canadian feature-length films will receive artist/screening fees as well as Canadian short films. Reelout is supported in part by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council and the City of Kingston Arts Fund.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Here’s How it Works
NEW! Reelout proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests. Submission fees are only $2 or $1 for student films.
FOR KINGSTON, ONTARIO RESIDENTS ONLY (NO FEE): Email us your electronic link and password to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Name of DIRECTOR if different from contact above
- Title of film(s)
- Running length
- Country of origin
- Year of completion
- Exhibition formats available
- A synopsis of your film(s)
- Please indicate if the filmmaker (originator of the work) identifies as any of the following: a person of colour, lives with a disability, is a senior.
- Please indicate if the film submitted focuses on issues pertaining to race/culture/class, ability, mental health, LGBTQ seniors/ageing, and/or family-friendly viewing (all-ages)
- Does your English Language film have English Subtitles/Close Captioning for the Deaf and/or Hearing Impaired? If not, will you have a version available by the end of December?