Reelout screens films by/about queer identities and we prioritize films about queer people of: colour, who are differently abled, seniors and films suitable for family viewing. All artists regardless of health, age, sexual orientation, gender, race, ability are welcomed and encouraged to submit their work.Reelout is the 2nd largest video festival of its kind in Ontario and we strive to bring the best thought-provoking and pleasurable queer film and video to our audiences every year. Reelout welcomes submissions. We do not charge submission fees and we pay Canadian artist fees on all Canadian works exhibited. Reelout is supported in part by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council and the City of Kingston Arts Fund.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 27th, 2020
Here’s How it Works
Email us your electronic link and password to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Name of DIRECTOR if different from contact above
- Title of film(s)
- Running length
- Country of origin
- Year of completion
- Exhibition formats available
- A synopsis of your film(s)
- Please indicate if the filmmaker (originator of the work) identifies as any of the following: a person of colour, lives with a disability, is a senior.
- Please indicate if the film submitted focuses on issues pertaining to race/culture/class, ability, mental health, LGBTQ seniors/ageing, and/or family-friendly viewing (all-ages)
- Does your English Language film have English Subtitles/Close Captioning for the Deaf and/or Hearing Impaired?
Due to the high volume of submissions, and because we do not charge a fee to submit, Reelout does not respond with rejection emails. You are welcomed to check back with us by the first week of November if you have not heard from us.
Reelout Arts Project Inc.
844a Princess Street
Phone: 613-549-REEL (7335)