In May 2012 curator Marcin Wisniewski created this video project as collaboration with VideoFag, InsideOut and Trinity Square Video that featured 3 commissioned artists; Mark Pariselli, Julian Calleros, and Kiley May and 11 other artists’ submissions. The gala screening was exhibited to a sold-out crowd at the VideoFag gallery in Toronto.
The Reelout Arts Project, Modern Fuel Artist Run Centre and the Union Gallery is thrilled to team up with Marcin to call for submissions again as part of a collaborative celebration of the 15th annual Reelout Queer Film + Video Festival in Kingston. Submission chosen for exhibition will be screened along side the existing pieces at the Union Gallery during the festival and each artist whose work is selected will receive a $50 screening fee. This call is open to all Canadian residents.
* Your film must interpret the question, “What’s Your Sex?”
* It should relate to the LGBTT2IAQ (or queer) community.
* It must run 4 minutes or under to be eligible including any credits.
* It must be shot on a Smartphone device.
* Entrants are welcomed to book time in the New Media Workspace at Modern Fuel for post production. Call (613) 548-4883 to set up a reservation.
* Completed work must be submitted as a movie file on USB key. (Keys will be returned.)
* Submission Deadline is November 18th, 2013 to either Modern Fuel (21 Queen Street) or Reelout Arts Project (82 Sydenham Street) along with an 8.5” x 11” description of your piece that includes the name or names of the participants and their roles. A short synopsis (maximum of 2 lines) of the work. A contact name, phone number and email address.
* Further questions related to this project can be directed to Matt Salton firstname.lastname@example.org or call (613)549-REEL (7335).