Dial “V” For Virginity
The Reelout Arts Project, Modern Fuel Artist Run Centre & the Union Gallery are thrilled to present our 2nd annual Smart Phone Film Challenge.
We are asking you to submit your thoughts either subjective or objective on “Virginity”. The TWIST for this challenge is that you must convey your story through the use of a metaphor for VIRGINITY beginning with the letter “V”. This metaphor can be a person, place, or object. You may choose any style or genre and all perspectives related to gender and/or sexual orientations are welcomed.
Submissions chosen for exhibition will be screened at the 16th annual Reelout Film Festival at the Union Gallery on Wednesday, Feb 4th 2015.
Each artist/or group whose work is selected will receive a $64 screening fee.
* Your video must interpret a view or opinion on “Virginity” using a metaphor beginning with the letter “V”.
* It must run 4 minutes or under to be eligible including any credits.
* It must be shot on a Smartphone device.
* Entrants are welcomed to book time in the New Media Workspace at Modern Fuel for post-production.
Call (613) 548-4883 to set up a reservation.
* Completed work must be submitted as a movie file on USB key. (Keys will be returned.)
Submission Deadline is 6pm Nov 18th, 2014 to either Modern Fuel (21 Queen St) or Reelout Arts Project (82 Sydenham St)
Please attach a 2 line synopsis of your work that includes the name or names of the participants and their roles along with a contact email and phone number.
Further questions related to this project can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org (613)549-REEL (7335).